The SUNY College at Oneonta, Chenango-Delaware-Otsego Workforce Investment Board, and DCMO BOCES established the STEM Leadership Council in 2009 to:
- Promote programs that stimulate young people's interest in STEM careers.
- Re-train adults for STEM employment.
- Promote teacher development in STEM areas.
- Establish educational pathways between high schools, colleges, and workplaces.
- Build ties among business and industry, schools and higher education to support education in science, math, technology and engineering.
Afton, Catskill Area School Study Council, Cooperstown, Catskill Regional Teacher Center, DCMO BOCES, Downsville, Edmeston, Hartwick College, Huntington Memorial Library, Laurens, Morris, Morrisville State College, Milford, Norwich City Schools, ONC BOCES, Oneonta City Schools, Oneonta Word of Learning (OWL), Roscoe, Sidney, SUNY Delhi, SUNY College at Oneonta and Unatego.
The STEM Leadership Council will improve the science, technology, engineering and mathematics skill levels of the people of Chenango, Delaware and Otsego Counties.
Goal 1 Build ties among business and industry, area schools, and higher education to support STEM education and training.
Goal 2 Strengthen the STEM skills of the future workforce within the three counties.
Goal 3 Strengthen the skills of the current workforce within the three counties.
For more information about STEM, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org